Allied Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading domiciliary care providers with a nationwide branch network of over 40 locations. We pride ourselves on being The Choice of Care which gives people the freedom to stay in their own homes.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious Field Care/Care Co-ordinator to join an established care company. We are looking for dedicated and empathic people. The position is permanent full time working 37.5 hours per week in our Falkirk branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the effective management and supervision of the rostering and field supervision of support workers and will ensure that patient or service user requirements are met whilst maintaining compliance of care.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the client receives the appropriate care package and that continuity of care is a priority.
• Providing telephone support to clients and care staff and where necessary, to work as a “hands on” carer in setting up the packages in the initial few weeks.
• To assist the Branch Manager in auditing the standard of service delivery to clients.
• Assist the Branch with Care Workers interviews & compliance
• Assist with Risk Management training to all existing Care Workers
• Complete the Risk Assessments and care plans of all domiciliary packages as well as the Non Case Managed & Level 1 Continuing Healthcare packages
• Allocation of care workers to customer visits by using effective rostering, ensuring continuity of care and taking into account locations, skills required and customer preferences.
• Take responsibility for new referrals from private customers and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken.
• Matching care workers to customers, ensuring care workers are notified of all conditions relating to the assignment, including care worker’s rate of pay.
Qualifications and Experience
You must possess a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (NVQ Level 3 highly desirable) and will be working towards NVQ Level 3 or 4 or equivalent. You must demonstrate commitment to working within a team and have a flexible approach to working hours and practices. This role will involve an element of on-call duties therefore a driver with access to your own vehicle is essential.
For more information about the role and package details please apply online today or contact Lynn on (phone number removed) or email (url removed) for an informal discussion.
By applying for this vacancy, you hereby consent to Allied Healthcare storing and processing your information for us to progress your application. If successful, your information will be added to your electronic staff file and printed and added to a physical paper file. Your information will be kept on file while you are working with us and for six years after you leave. If your application is unsuccessful, your information will be held for 12 months and will then be erased from our system.
You have the right to ask at any time and at no cost to see your records, edit them, have them erased or stop us using them. If we cannot comply with your request, we will tell you why.
For more information on how we store and use your information, please view our privacy statement by visiting https://(url removed)/privacy-statement