negotiable / month
HR / Recruitment
Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced Payroll Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This position is responsible for the administration of the company’s time and attendance and payroll systems. The UK Payroll Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll related client service, including recordkeeping and reporting. This position provides accounting and project management support to Finance.
Responsible for the management, preparation and processing of weekly/bi-weekly and monthly for 800+ employees across 4 sites; review and ensure accuracy of approved overtime, track and deduct monies owed and deal with any other payment matters. Responsible for the co-ordination efforts between payroll, human resources and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data; including overtime, absences, head count, filing tax and voluntary deduction reports, updating and recording company payroll procedures.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focused
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Manage a team of payroll administrators
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Has working knowledge of both average holiday and salary sacrifice schemes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Completion of data request form Inland Revenue, DSS and other third parties
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly accounts information, ensuring that these show a true and accurate view
- To assist the Financial Controller in general administration duties within the finance department
- Manage the group pension scheme administration
- Degree/HND in business related field
- 5-7 years related professional experience with primary responsibility for time and attendance and payroll administration and processing.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting finance and accounting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles.
- Managing processes, data entry management, reporting skills, benefits administration, financial skills and accounting.
- Relevant payroll experience, being compliant with current statutory regulations
- Computer Literate
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. SAP, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel)
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience of effective stakeholder management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft packages
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to interact at senior levels within the business
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Ability to solve problems and simplify complex situations
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on data
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible – both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!….. click apply for full job details