negotiable / Month
Shift Manufacturing Technician
Shift Manufacturing Technician Responsibilities
An opportunity has arrisen at my client, a successful Gloucester based manufacturing company, for a Shift Manufacturing Technician. The successful candidate will have experience of operating in a shift environment as a mechanically biased Technician. This opening has the potential to provide long term job satisfaction and progression within a growing business with ambitious targets for growth.
– Ensure all activities undertaken comply with EHS and operating standards as detailed in relevant SOPs and working practices.
– Responsible for building shift capability in mechanical activities (e.g. replacement of motors, gearboxes and pumps; maintenance of pneumatic systems and valves) including training and validation.
– Responsible for on aim performance and reliability of equipment during shift including first line IM response – fault finding and diagnostics.
– Operate and maintain plant to meet production plan at required quality and yield efficiencies
– Accurate recording of operating conditions and optimisation of the plant to meet production plan and maximising yields.
– You will be expected to attend and participate in plant based meetings, targeting improvement to KPIs.
Shift Manufacturing Technician Requirements
– Manufacturing or Operating experience, ideally within a regulated or quality critical manufacturing environment.
– NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
– Proven ability in fault finding and diagnostics, providing practical solutions to problems & driving continuous improvement.
– Ability to work flexibly in a team environment, manage work autonomously and deal with changing priorities.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver practical training
– Demonstrated Initiative
– Experience of control room based operation including DCS/SCADA systems is desirable
Salary £31K – £38K