negotiable / Month
Biotech / Science
Senior Environmental Advisor
Close date not set
We are looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to join our team, the Senior Environmental Advisor will be the main point of contact for all environmental management matters for our North and Midlands, South West and Wales Business Unit.
You will provide support and guidance to the pre construction and project teams on the identification and management of environmental risk, and provide advice on local regulatory requirements and Bouygues UK environmental standards.
Typically the role will:
– Provide guidance and support to all Region 1 Pre-Construction and Project Teams on the identification and management of environmental risk, as well as advice on local regulatory requirements and Bouygues UK Environmental Standards
– Attend and contribute to all HSQE Region 1 Management meetings, liaising with the Regional Senior Management on a regular basis
– Undertake periodic inspections to ensure Region 1 project teams hold all relevant environmental related legal licenses & permits
– Ensure Region 1 projects are carrying out the Ecosite UK tool
– Review Region 1 environmental reviews, assessment and management plans
– Provide assistance to Project Teams to aid the management and investigation of environmental incidents
– Assist the Head of Environment with the development of the management of COMPASS management system, including BRE SMARTWaste online data capture tool
– Support the Head of Environment in driving the agenda forward
– Manage the developments and maintenance of the ISO 50001 Energy Management System
– Develop a Business wide waste reduction strategy
– Manage junior staff within the Environmental Team
– Undertake internal and external reporting and help define new KPIs
– Develop the Ecosite UK tool
Essential Skills / Experience
-Experience as a Senior Environmental Advisor or Assistant Environmental Manager
-Bachelor`s degree in an environmental discipline
-IEMA member (Associate level or higher)
-Full driving licence
-Line management experience
-Understanding of Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001)
-Additional language skills in French, but not essential
Why Bouygues UK
Day in, day out, our teams deliver some of the most technically innovative and challenging projects across the UK and the world. With a strong corporate culture, our values reflect how we operate with Respect, Excellence, Courage, Integrity and Passion. We offer competitive basic salaries coupled with generous company benefits, including:
-26 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days
-Private medical insurance
-Cycle to Work Scheme
-Bouygues Extra – `opt into` lifestyle benefits
About Bouygues UK
Together with our partners and clients, Bouygues UK delivers `award winning` construction, development and regeneration projects to the most exacting standards across public and commercial sectors.
Bouygues UK is part of the Bouygues Group, a diverse global business which operates in the construction, engineering, energy, media and telecommunications markets. With annual sales of 32 billion and operations in over 100 countries, the financial strength of our group is a key differentiator in the challenging economics times.
Further information about Bouygues UK can be found at:
Bouygues UK is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Bouygues UK values your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details, if you choose to