negotiable / Month
We have an opportunity available for a highly motivated enthusiastic team player who is confident in working with children of all ages to join the team at our Chichester campus as a Recreation Assistant. You will ensure the safety of users, staff and equipment and cleanliness of the facilities. The role is offered on a variable hours (bank) basis and in return, you will receive a competitive hourly rate of 8.65 – 9.28 per hour plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Recreation Assistant, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Recreation Assistant:
– Deal with customer enquires
– Cash handling
– Provide advice for the centres activities to students, staff and public users
– Supervise childrens parties ensuring the safety of all users
– Instruct/supervise children for over 8s holiday club sessions
– Clean all areas to ensure the highest standards are met at all times
– Monitor that each area of activity is used in the correct manner. If there are any questions direct them towards the Duty Officer
– Set up, maintain and dismantle equipment according to the schedules of activities taking place
– Ensure cleanliness of the Sports Centre and associated areas and changing facilities
Our ideal Recreation Assistant should have the below skills and experience:
– GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
– Experience in the leisure industry
– Experience in coaching sports with children of mixed ages
– Keyboard and IT skills, including use of email
– Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
– Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels
– Customer service skills
– Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
If you would like to learn more about our Recreation Assistant role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 19th March 2020
Interview date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.