negotiable / Month
Retail & Wholesale
Procurement & Supply Chain Specialists Sector
Salary: 23 – 25 per hour
Location: Christchurch, England
Date Posted: Added 1 days ago
Key skills for this job
A fantastic Purchasing Officer role with a well respected defence organisation.
A well respected Defence Engineering organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Purchaing Officer to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. The role is based Washington, Tyne & Wear area and is for an initial 12 month duration. There is a rate of 25LTD Per Hour on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the description below:
Description of Program
JAM is delight to be working with a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems.
* Take a leading role in supplier management for a given / range of suppliers.
* Proactively manage the performance of the suppliers in your control.
* Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including close and collaborative working with other functions.
* Create contracts to suit the needs of the programme requirements, ensuring flow-down of conditions & requirements as necessary.
* Support events for contracts as appropriate.
* Support the management of supplier sourcing and selection process.
* Support negotiations and ‘close deals’ with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. POs, Licences, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof.
* Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate, including Export Compliance.
* Create and issue purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements.
* Monitor and manage RFQ responses, expediting as necessary.
* Monitor and manage PO delivery achievement.
* Develop supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
* Resolve all queries with suppliers to ensure on time delivery to cost, quality and schedule adherence.
* Develop and agree a negotiating strategy with internal project stakeholders, then lead and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
* Contribute to ensure suppliers are meeting targets on key performance metrics.
Simply click on the apply button now!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn