This challenging and exciting opportunity requires a Design Engineer within the piling, foundations or geotechnical and ground engineering arena looking for an interesting challenge working with a highly profitable and renowned business in this sector.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest ground engineering contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective design and build or installation solutions to the UK civil engineering, infrastructure and construction industries. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and R&D resource, they can deliver the full range of foundations, groundworks, site remediation, piling, geotechnical and structures techniques, amongst many others. As one of the largest specialist contractors in the industry, they are able to provide clients with a bespoke and turnkey solution, which is fully supported by their state-of-the-art processes and technologies.
Due to continued growth, new investment and a significant increase in workload, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to assist in their further ambitious expansion plans, based from home. The successful candidate will possess relevant design experience from within the piling or ground and geotechnical engineering sector.
· Able to demonstrate a proven track record in the design of piles, foundations or geotechnical and ground engineering contracts, either from a pre-contract or operational delivery perspective
· Ability to join an existing and established business and contribute to various design areas in a manner with enthusiasm and drive
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally
· To have previous experience of multi discipline geotechnical contracts design, coupled with familiarity with the relevant technical specification requirements, codes and standards
· Must possess an excellent understanding of what is required to be a member of a design department in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage and deliver the daily design processes
· Ensuring maximisation of business return through design proposals, whilst maintaining and developing internal and external client relationships via high levels of service
· Be able to operate hands-on in a non-confrontational manner and thrive in a team-orientated environment
· Ability to promote alternative solutions through design and engineered innovation and implementation of new concepts
· Proven experience of liaising or communicating with clients
An attractive basic salary (relative to your level of experience) plus extensive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with longevity and security of work given the company’s commitment to growth, a significant forward order workload and extensive future tendering schedule.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, religion or belief or nationality…… click apply for full job details