We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maths and English Trainer to join the team at our Chichester & Brinsbury Campus. The role will suit an innovative and creative individual who is up to date with current Maths and English qualifications at level one and level two. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of 26,724 – 30,992 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Maths and English Trainer, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Maths and English Trainer:
– Deliver both practical and theoretical training sessions to a range of customers and clients either onsite or at employers premises.
– Write training courses and specifications as required.
– Devise a range of effective training materials, including on-line materials.
– Undertake assessment.
– Provide effective feedback to clients.
– Undertake evaluation to drive improvement.
– Be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
– Support the development and delivery of related programmes.
– Liaise with other staff as appropriate to ensure a high standard of learning.
– Assist with securing quality improvement within the wider Curriculum area.
– Monitor student enrolment, success rates and take remedial action where necessary, this will include final assessments where necessary.
– Effectively use the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, i.e. C-Space, Moodle, internal verification (this list is not exhaustive).
– Attend recruitment activities such as interviews, Open Days and exhibitions, which may include weekend or overnight stays.
– maintain high levels of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
– Maintain up to date professional knowledge through attending staff development, industry seminars, appropriate reading, and other activities.
Our ideal Maths and English Trainer should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 (or equivalent) in an English or Maths related subject
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– Level 3 coaching qualification or willingness to work towards a qualification
– Relevant teaching/tutoring experience (to small groups) across Functional Skills/GCSE Maths and English
– Experience of teaching and assessing learners
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If you would like to learn more about our Maths and English Trainer role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 18th June 2020
Interview date: Thursday 2nd July 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.