We have a fantastic opportunity for an Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services to join the team at our Chichester Campus. You will undertake teaching and learning whilst ensuring that student needs are met in a responsive way. You will join us part time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary pro rata of 21,087 – 37,017 per annum (i.e. 12,652.20 – 22,210.20).
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services:
– Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
– Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
– Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
– Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
– Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
– Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
– Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Our ideal Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 (or equivalent) in related subject
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– Relevant subject experience
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 9th July 2020
Interview date: Thursday 23rd July 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.