negotiable / Month
Education & Teaching
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lecturer in the Built Environment & Surveying to join our growing team of Built Environment and Construction lecturing and assessing staff based at Chichester College. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of 21,087 – 37,017 per annum plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
As our Lecturer in the Built Environment & Surveying, you will be expected to prepare lessons, teach and assess across all levels of the Built Environment and Surveying courses (T-Levels and HNC). This role may include visits to sites to gather NVQ portfolio evidence, as well as organising site visits for students to gain real life experiences.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in the Built Environment & Surveying:
– Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
– Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
– Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
– Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
– Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
– Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes and policies relating to the educational and Built Environment sector.
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
– Have the ability to undertake assessments off site and on campus.
– Teach on Professional Construction courses, to include Surveying and the Built Environment subjects at Level 3 and 4.
Our ideal Lecturer in the Built Environment & Surveying should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 (or equivalent) in a related subject
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– Relevant industrial/commercial/subject experience
– A working knowledge of the Surveying and Built Environment sector
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
– Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in the Built Environment & Surveying role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.