negotiable / Month
Education & Teaching
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a full time Lecturer in Sociology and Politics within our Business, Languages and Social Science team based at Chichester College. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will work 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and in return you will receive a competitive salary of 21,087 – 37,017 per annum plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Lecturer in Sociology and Politics, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
We have ambitious plans and we need a talented marketing professional to join us on our journey. It has never been a more exciting time to join us as we grow our business through the introduction of new products and services that meet the needs of our international learners, academic and business partners.
Key responsibilities of our Lecturer in Sociology and Politics:
– Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
– Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
– Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
– Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
– Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
– Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
– Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Our ideal Lecturer in Sociology and Politics should have the below skills and experience:
– Degree in Sociology or a related subject
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
– Experience of teaching and assessing learners
– Experience of curriculum delivery and associated administration
– Experience of managing diverse groups of students
– Experience of working within Further or Secondary Education
– Working knowledge of Sociology or Politics
– Microsoft Office applications
– An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
If you would like to learn more about our Lecturer in Sociology and Politics role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 26th March 2020
Interview date: Thursday 23rd April 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.