Michael Page (UK)
negotiable / month
Leading and delivering Development and Regeneration Programme
Have effective control of design and specification from concept to completion
About Our Client
Public Sector Organisation based in the South East. This organisation has set up a limited company and is looking to invest into new mixed use developments and also invest into commercial real estate.
- The Development Director will form part of the senior leadership team responsible for delivering major development schemes and commercial investments
- This role will be driving the growth plan for the region, creating sustainable and sustained growth.
- Potential schemes will be assessed against strict investment criteria and will be varied. Example schemes could include anything from the purchase of commercial assets, to the unlocking of land potential for partnerships with developers.
- This role is a rare opportunity to part of genuine and proactive change, in a local authority focused on commercial investment over public spending cuts.
- You will need to lay the foundations with the relevant external and internal counterparts to help shape the region in line with the master plan.
- You will be the key inter link with the combined authority, and other sources of funding to ensure that schemes are chosen that have the best funding route available.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Development Director will:
- Have experience of managing large mixed use developments on green and brown belt land
- Be familiar with the different funding methods for development
- Be able to select the most appropriate commercial investments in line with the needs of the council. Return versus interest of the local community.
- Be the inter link with developers.
- Be able to support the in house team with other commercial development and investment programs – such as the regeneration of the high street.
What’s on Offer
What’s most important is securing the right person.
There is therefore flexibility on the salary/day rate.
Michael Page is part of the PageGroup. Michael Page is a trading name of Michael Page International Recruitment Limited. Registered in England No. 04130921 Registered Office: Page House, 1 Dashwood Lang Road, Addlestone , Weybridge , Surrey , KT15 2QW