negotiable / Month
Education & Teaching
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Instructor/Technician in Construction to join our creative and inspirational Construction team based at Chichester College. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of 18,727 – 20,472 per annum plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Are you looking to use your skills in a different way? May be inspiring the next generation of construction workers?
The highly successful, vibrant and buzzing Construction department are looking to recruit an Instructor/Technician in Construction ideally with Carpentry or Multi-trade experience. There will be the opportunity to gain further qualifications such as Assessor awards and if you are looking to become a teacher in Construction this is a great starting point.
Key responsibilities of our Instructor/Technician in Construction:
– Undertake administration related to course requirements and provide reports and statistics as required.
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
– Liaise with Additional Support in specific cases to ensure students get appropriate support.
– Participate in curriculum area, College, employer/parent functions, reviews, meetings and promotional activities, as required.
– Organise daily activities within the learning environment, including the preparation and maintainance of resources, services and housekeeping.
– Provide assistance to individuals or groups of students within the learning environment.
– Implement and maintain the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health legislation, including the reviews of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace and undertake risk assessments.
– Participate in course review activities and the generation and implementation of new resources and action plans.
– Monitor and maintain equipment and prepare replacement plans.
– Order and stock take materials and equipment and provide feedback to suppliers as appropriate.
– Clean and maintain working spaces, develop a working environment and provide technical support and assistance for projects.
– Distribution and collection of tools as required on a daily basis
Our ideal Instructor/Technician in Construction should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 2 qualification in the relevant subject area or relevant trade experience and willingness to work towards
– Level 2 in literacy and numeracy, or willingness to work towards
– Relevant industrial/subject experience
– Working knowledge of the relevant vocational area
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
– Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
If you would like to learn more about our Instructor/Technician in Construction role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.