Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping. We operate a network of more than 120 UK campsites. We have over 200 employees based in our modern Coventry Head Office and a turnover of around £60m.
Our Property Services team is growing. We’re investing in new posts in order to further deliver outstanding campsites for our members. In the last 18 months we have either acquired or built new sites in fantastic locations across the UK including the Lake District and Sherwood.
Our Property Services team consists of 30 employees dedicated to ensuring we have the best facilities and pitches, building on our position as the oldest and largest Club for all forms of camping in the U.K.
The successful candidate will lead our Products and Procurement Teams to deliver and drive portfolio management optimisation; product development on sites, site appraisals as well as site acquisitions.
Your Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Continually develop the portfolio of products balancing both the member offer and commercial benefit
- Identify and evaluate new camping opportunities, reviewing the current network offering along with new business proposals
- Lead and recommend the strategic development of the Clubs portfolio of sites, facilitating and providing clear strategic vision and structure
- Maximise the portfolio returns on Club investments from product mix & assets
- Team management (Procurement and Product)
- Complete site appraisals reviewing current portfolio and commercial arrangements, working alongside the Director of Property & Development identifying where improvements or changes can be made.
- Research & investigate long term portfolio strategic opportunities
- Timely management of reports, minutes and action areas to be delivered within the day to day business and Committee structure.
- Build and foster strong relationships with internal and external bodies to protect and build the Clubs reputation as a major operator
- Develop / expand current and new opportunities of business growth and margin / profit improvement
- Provide clear and detailed project briefs to the Capital Development Team
- Undertake competitor analysis to ensure the portfolio is developed to its optimum capacity within the market of operation
- Review and continuously develop the procurement process, looking at long term strategic partners to drive quality and consistency
If you have the following qualities, we would welcome a conversation:
- Professional qualification in a commercial business / property asset development discipline at degree level or above
- Product knowledge around campsites, holiday parks, self-catering leisure or similar
- Proven experience in creating business cases and viability proposals
- Proven project management experience
- Experience of the planning process and dealing with contentious planning issues
- Experience within the leisure or tourism industry is essential
- Proactive, demonstrating initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent standard of verbal and written communication
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude. The company offers a generous annual leave entitlement and life assurance amongst other attractive benefits.
To be part of the next phase of our journey, please send in a cv and cover letting, with salary expectation for the attention of Barny Baker (Recruitment Manager)…… click apply for full job details