negotiable / Month
Business / Mgmt
We have an exciting opportunity for aHead of Chief Operating Officers Office to join our team based in theChingford, Gilwell Park.You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return for your hard work we will offer you a competitive salary of49,843 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting) plus excellent benefits.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. Were a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Head of Chief Operating Officers Office role:
The Head of the Chief Operating Officers Office is a critically important role, enabling the Chief Operating Officer to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders to fulfil their commitments to the organisation.
What will you be doing as a Head of Chief Operating Officers Office?
– Scope, plan and present for approval multiple, often quick-turnaround, projects and initiatives under own volition that facilitate the achievement of organisational objectives and/or business as usual activities
– Work with appropriate stakeholders, including external, to undertake research and analysis to inform decision making on projects and initiatives
– Manage the organisations complaints and complex issue resolution function working closely with the Governance Team, Legal Team and local volunteer line managers
– Work with the Head of the Project Management Office to develop, maintain and monitor a register of critical path programmes and projects which have strategic importance
– Develop and report on performance metrics across business as usual activities to the Chief Operating Officer
– Monitor and highlight any issues from monthly management accounts for all budgets relating to activities within the Chief Operating Officers remit
– Confirm objectives for meetings/events, identify key participants and develop the best approach to achieving the objectives for the meeting/event
– Work with the Directorate Co-ordinator to ensure appropriate and timely communication to meeting/event participants
What we can offer you as our Head of Chief Operating Officers Office:
– 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
– Free car parking
– Gilwell Park minibus service
What we are looking for in our Head of Chief Operating Officers Office:
– Ability to achieve outcomes through working in collaboration and partnership across a wide range of people
– Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to changing circumstances and to tight timescales
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others
– Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and deliver a diverse workload and portfolio of programmes/projects whilst ensuring effective prioritisation and balancing of the needs of a range of stakeholders
– Experience and a successful track record in a key support role in a large complex organisation
– Successful experience of formulating, leading and implementing projects and initiatives that work cross-organisationally in pursuit of achieving organisational objectives
– Successful track record of managing and implementing change within a large complex organisation leading to positive impact on the outcomes of its beneficiaries
– A highly effective self-starter who is assertive, energetic, determined, robust and sufficiently resilient to cope with the demands of the role
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
Salary:49,843 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting)
Closing date: Monday 6th April 2020, 23:59
Dont miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team!ClickApplynow to become ourHead of Chief Operating Officers Office.
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies