Astro Holdings is a large and diversified multi division group of companies seeking to employ suitably qualified, self-driven and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
A. Motor Division
To plan, develop and organise the construction projects of the company by formulating the most cost-effective plan and timely completions, within budget and to implement the execution of those plans.
Main responsibilities, but not limited to;
- To carry out technical and feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- To prepare and implement project plans.
- To research and provide estimates for projects.
- To review Government regulations.
- To monitor and optimise safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory ompliance.
- To make recommendations or present alternative solutions to problems to Management.
- To confidently liaise with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- To conduct group and one-on-one meetings with all staff as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings.
- To guide as well as review all site staffs’ work to ensure quality and established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- To analyse costs for Tenders and Contracts prepared by Quantity Surveyor.
- To prepare claims /reports for different on-going sites with the Quantity Surveyor.
- To monitor materials use for different projects.
- To conduct feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant qualifications for the said position. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. A master degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in projects in a Construction/Engineering environment.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Oracle based ERP will be an added advantage.
- Registered Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia and Engineering Registration Board
How to Apply:
Send your application and detailed CV with the Job reference number indicated:
The Human Resource Manager,
PO Box 32423,
N.B, Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Online Business Essentials – Everything you need to market your business online
Ecommerce – Everything you need to start an online store and sell online
Branded Website – Everything you need to launch a business website
Find suppliers for whatever you need in Zambia
Each supplier page has all the information you need to choose the best option for you — contact details, directions, opening times, photos, prices, products, services, special offers and more.
Provide useful information about businesses in Zambia
Empower Zambian businesses to market themselves online
Share our beloved country and continent with the world