Longlevens RFC Ltd
negotiable / month
(If you are already using this service but have been logged out, simply click here , re-enter your details and we’ll email you a login link.)
Reports to: Chairman of Longlevens Rugby Club
In a tricky year for the hospitality industry due to the COVID-19 shutdown an exciting role has become available within the heart of the community of Longlevens.
We are looking for an immediate start for an experienced, professional, and positive pub manager who currently holds a personal licence, driving licence and prior time spent within a DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) position.
It is an exciting time at Longlevens Rugby Club. Our kitchen has been revitalised, we refurbished over the initial lockdown, and we enjoy a loyal group of regular customers. We have a tremendous standing in the local community, and we have exciting plans to develop the clubhouse further still. We are looking for the right person to join us on our journey and achieve our vision.
The Longlevens Rugby Club Committee are looking for someone who can take the reigns of the operation and will be given full autonomy around promotions, staffing, events and would be encouraging around ideas and future business opportunities. Full support would be given to the chosen applicant regarding training and development.
Given this is a wet lead site experience in this sort of environment is a must and you should have prior experience within the setup of a successful pub.
- Hospitality experience with a passion for delivering an excellent customer experience
- Ability to run, lead and manage the daily operations of the pub
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ – developing a business plan that is creative, exciting but carefully considered and detailed
- Researching, identifying, and implementing growth opportunities
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Experience in managing and reviewing budgets and P&Ls
- Atmosphere Management – delivering what suits the pub / time of day / day of the week at ALL times
- High Health & Safety knowledge, COSHH, experience of creating risk assessments, running a safe operation, GDPR knowledge and meeting the Licensing objectives
- Knowledge of HR and Employment Law
- Train, coach, lead and motivate a team of people so the business runs the same whether you are there or not
- Managing the attendance and evaluating the productivity and performance of the team
- Hold regular team meetings, job chats and appraisals
- Stock Management – delivering an interesting range while maintaining GP’s and yields (manager responsible for stock loss)
- Plan all rotas in line with budgeted targets and forecasts, taking the necessary action on a daily basis to reduce or increase hours in line with sales.
- To take full responsibility for the set up and effective operation of the Rugby Club within Rugby Club policy at all times.
- Maximise business development opportunities by securing partnerships, referrals, networking, hosting and project managing events (e.g. weddings, lunches etc).
- To ensure the management and monitoring of all procedures implemented to deal with COVID-19 on an ongoing basis.
- Managing non-compliant customers.
- Carry out any duties as instructed by the Longlevens Rugby Chairman.
- A leader who inspires and creates a fun environment at work
- Must have a presence in the Rugby Club – A big personality is a must
- A floor focused mentality
- Be able to analyse and interpret numerical and written information
- Be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be adaptable and responsive to change
- Be a fit and proper person to obtain and hold the relevant licences
- Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable distance
A salary of £25,000 -30,000+ awaits the successful candidate who will live and breathe this successful grassroots rugby club with big ambitions.
Please email your CV and covering letter by clicking on Apply Now.
To sign up up for GlosJobs weekly newsletter, please click here .