We have a fantastic opportunity for an Examinations Assistant to work in a busy office environment, facing fresh challenges on a daily basis at our Chichester Campus. You will join us on full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of 18,180 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Examinations Assistant, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Examinations Assistant:
– Assist College staff in all aspects of the examination boards entry/registration procedures.
– Confidently deal with student queries and any questions relating to their qualifications.
– Deal with a wide range of staff and students.
– Keep abreast of changing rules and regulations and to communicate these changes to staff.
– Manage and reply promptly to emails, written correspondence and verbal communication.
– Schedule on-demand/on-line test requests.
– Help maintain a computerised timetable, which is fed out to the wider College.
– Be responsible for the collection and receipting of specified exam fees from candidates.
– Liaise with the Examinations Support Administrator regarding students who need extra exam support.
– Liaise with external examination boards regarding queries.
– Check and despatch completed examination papers.
– Prepare the despatch of results and certificates.
– Filing, photocopying and other such duties will from time to time be required, including the lifting and carrying of examination papers/piles of certificates.
– Preparation of examination packs for issue to Invigilators on a daily basis.
– Liaising with Invigilators to impart instructions prior to the commencement of the examinations.
Our ideal Examinations Assistant should have the below skills and experience:
– GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English
– Administrative experience, including data entry
– Dealing with the public in a customer service environment
– Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
If you would like to learn more about our Examinations Assistant role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 18th June 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 7th July 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.