OPEN Health Medical Communications
negotiable / month
Advert / Media / Entertainment
About OPEN Health
OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
- OPEN Health Medical Communications focused on medical affairs consultancy and content, publications planning and execution, multi-channel medical education and internal training.
- OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications focused on PR, advertising and patient engagement
- OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence focused on HEOR, RWE and market access
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
About OPEN Health Medical Communications Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- Are looking for an entry-level role in medical communications, with a clear career path ahead of you
- Enjoy working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Pride yourself on an outstanding eye for detail and a firm commitment to quality
- Want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative global industry
You will be a success if you:
- Bring a strong work ethic and a solution-focussed, proactive attitude, combined with intellectual curiosity and a critical eye
- Have a passion for medical communications and education
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills with a wide range of colleagues
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Providing project support to OPEN Health’s teams of medical writers and editors
- Preparing materials for client compliance processes, e.g. checking that materials are fully and accurately referenced, fact-checking, marking up reference materials, uploading content and references onto client approval systems and managing comments
- Supporting the submission process for abstracts and manuscripts (managing submissions, collating documents, tracking submission status and updating team members)
- Formatting documents in Word and PowerPoint (and other programmes) in line with house style and client style when necessary
- Maintaining personal proficiency in reference management software, client approval systems and internal editorial processes
- Sourcing reference materials and copyright permissions
- Creating and maintaining libraries of scientific and medical reference material
- Liaising with other internal departments and external service providers to ensure delivery of projects in line with established quality standards
What you’ll bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher), ideally in a life science (biological sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, or a closely related subject)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, combined with the ability to follow guidance and take on board constructive feedback
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively across multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment
- Aptitude for the English language and excellent written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities…… click apply for full job details