negotiable / Month
The Chichester College Sports Centre is currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated and pro-active Duty Officer who is confident at leading and motivating a small team to ensure all aspects of the Sports Centre are operating to a high standard. The role is offered on a variable hours (bank) basis and in return you will receive a competitive hourly rate of 11.07 per hour plus benefits. The main day-to-day duties include supervisory responsibilities including the opening and closing of the facilities and planning and operation of the shift, whilst ensuring the safety of all users. This includes dealing with enquiries, administrative work and cash handling.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Duty Officer, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Duty Officer:
– Organise and develop our childrens parties packages
– During the holidays, manage the day to day running of the childrens holiday club which will include offsite visits
– Lead the staff on shift to set up, maintain and dismantle equipment according to the schedules of activities taking place and to monitor that each area is used in the correct manner
– Ensure cleanliness of the Sports Centre and associated areas and changing facilities
– Health and Safety – Carry out weekly water test (Legionella) ensuring all results are recorded and sent to the Health and Safety team
– Ensure all risk assessments and reviews are completed annually and are recorded in the correct location
– Carry out the annual reviews of NOP & EOP
– Manage our work experience programme involving students from within College and from local schools
Our ideal Duty Officer should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 Sports qualification
– Level 3 Childcare qualification, or willingness to obtain
– First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
– Mini Bus Driving Licence or willingness to obtain
– GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
– Experience in leisure industry and leading a small team
– Experience of instructing/coaching children
– Experience of training staff on a day to day basis
– Knowledge of sports facilities equipment
– Knowledge of Health and safety within a sport and leisure environment
If you would like to learn more about our Duty Officer role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 19th March 2020
Interview date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.