Director of Customs and Compliance
A leadership position with a people focus accompanied by full financial responsibility within an organisation that has been through (and continues to see exponential growth) derived from Britain leaving the customs union.
Exceptional knowledge of customs compliance developed in direct industry, forwarding/clearance agents, or associated industry is a prerequisite for the position.
The position holder will be responsible for an operation employing in excess of 50 people, with multiple sites across the United Kingdom, the position holder will be required to frequently travel around the United Kingdom to develop each operation, leading people and commercial development for each branch.
Supported by existing management the Director of Customs and Compliance will report directly to the ultimate shareholder.
The Director of Customs and Compliance will be responsible for:
* Formulating a business plan for the complete customs operation
* Profit & Loss accountability (multi-million-pound operation)
* Responsible for the procurement of services from suppliers
* Responsible for preparation of client contracts
* Responsible for recruiting and training and retaining the organisations people
* Support the current business development function
* Be responsible for the organisations compliance with regulations
* Where required liaise with HM Revenue & Customs and other government bodies
This is a position that requires an acceptance to change, with the current political situation constantly developing resulting in changing legislation, regulations, and advice the position would suit an individual who is comfortable with managing change.
The position has a negotiable package which would include:
* Salary: Circa £80,000+ (highly negotiable)
* Car allowance
* Company expense account
Expected start date: 03/01/2021