negotiable / Month
Education & Teaching
We have an opportunity available for a Deputy Head of Learning based at our Chichester campus, who will oversee the vocational study programmes, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, HND Business and BTEC Law. This is a full time role working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of 21,087 – 39,276 per annum plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Deputy Head of Learning, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Deputy Head of Learning:
– Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment and outstanding support for learners.
– Contribute to all curriculum planning processes, including timetabling and managing literacy and numeracy initiatives.
– Provide advice and support into new developments, to broaden curriculum offer.
– Undertake activities to aid the recruitment of students, including attend open events and other events as required by the Head of Learning.
– Contribute to the effective recruitment of appropriate teaching staff.
– Carry out appraisals and teaching observations for a defined group of staff.
– Manage the accurate recording and reporting of all data associated with the area.
– Make relevant contribution to the student referral process and behaviour management of students.
– To undertake curriculum management duties including: quality assurance processes, internal verification, eCREs, eSARs, contribute to development days, monitoring and supporting the ARAQ process, establish links with employers for work experience, monitor registers, ensure adherence to deadlines for schemes of work and arranging cover as required by the Head of Learning.
– Liaise with all customers, stakeholders and partners and manage the customer
relationship and school liaison.
– Deal with any emerging needs, acting promptly and swiftly to resolve any problems.
– Contribute to the management of and control of any delegated budgets.
Our ideal Deputy Head of Learning should have the below skills and experience:
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education, or equivalent
– Either AAT level 4, CIM level 6 or equivalent or
– CIPD level 7 (depending on area of expertise)
– Level 2 English and Maths
– Proven record of teaching and assessment to a consistently high standard, including the use of ILT, emotional quotient and enterprise
– Teaching experience within Further Education
– Proven record of trialling new developments within own teaching & learning and assessment and supporting the development of others
– Substantial supervisory or management experience
– Up to date knowledge of curriculum and teaching and learning, proven through continuing professional development
– An understanding of equal opportunity, safeguarding obligations and health and safety, relating to students and curriculum delivery
– Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
If you would like to learn more about our Deputy Head of Learning role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 26th March 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 21st April 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.