Ferne Animal Sanctuary
negotiable / month
Retail & Consumer Products
Charity Shop Manager
Maximising sales and profits, achieving targets set, delivering high standards through the effective management of volunteers
Responsible for the day to day operation and performance of the shop while ensuring that targets are met through excellent customer service, effective planning, good merchandising and stock control, housekeeping and volunteer cover.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To ensure that all volunteers who represent Ferne Animal Sanctuary are helpful, efficient and courteous when dealing with sales and donations and act in a professional manner.
- To encourage a positive working culture, good volunteer relations and high levels of enthusiasm throughout the shop to create job satisfaction by working in a happy environment.
- To communicate effectively with volunteers and all other members of staff by effective planning, prioritising, delegating and monitoring workload.
- To achieve agreed targets by delivering effective pricing, stock rotation, weekly promotions and sales initiatives.
- To demonstrate a good understanding of all donated stock lines, ensuring adequate stock levels at all times.
- Ensure that the shop and window presentation standards are met including the rotation of goods, window displays and promotional activities.
- To achieve high standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and presentation.
- To ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the building and ensure all fixtures and fittings are kept in good repair.
- To maintain awareness of local competitor activity and initiatives.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained and delivered
- Ensure trading hours are strictly adhered to
- Assume overall responsibility for the shop premises including key holding
- To ensure correct procedures are adhered to for banking, cash handling and administration within Ferne Animal Sanctuary guidelines.
- To report to the Commercial Manager any financial irregularities immediately they come to light ensuring sales are recorded properly and cash is kept secure at all times.
- To monitor and control all shop consumables and expenses to meet targets set.
- To promote the work of Ferne Animal Sanctuary, (FAS) through a clear understanding of the Charity’s aims and philosophy.
- To adhere to FAS Health and Safety procedures and inform the Commercial Manager immediately in the event of an incident, or any risks hazards.
- To regularly update and maintain your knowledge of Health & Safety rules; fire drills; internal security; and accident procedures and adhere to these at all times ensuring correct reporting.
- To adopt a positive and reflective approach to personal and professional development, participating constructively in an annual performance review. To participate in any further training necessary to enhance your skills and ensure the quality of the service provided.
· Attend Managers meetings and training sessions as required by FAS.
- ensuring all people are treated with dignity and respect in the course of your work
- promoting equal opportunities through anti-discriminatory practice
You will work 3 days each week between Monday and Saturday, on a rota. You may be asked to work additional hours as necessary which will include unsocial hours outside the above times for which TOIL will normally be given, rather than payment.
The above outlines the duties required to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and duties may be varied from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility.
The post holder will contribute positively to a harmonious and collaborative working environment.
The Sanctuary reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to its needs.
Job Descriptions only reflect 80% of a role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role…… click apply for full job details