Change Manager Overview
Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Team Leader, as a Change Manager, you will have a varied and exciting workload, working directly with clients and internal stakeholders to plan and deliver Change Requests internally for the business and across a range of Charity, Local and Central Government sector customer accounts.
The role of the Change Manager is to own any changes that come through from Customers or internal stakeholders and to manage them through to a successful delivery. This will include working directly with customers to understand the Changes requested and working with the wider team to deliver the changes in a timely and appropriate manner based on the size and complexity of the request.
You will need to be a strong communicator and be confident at presenting information and influencing stakeholders as you manage expectations around timescales and delivery options.
Experience of Project Management would be beneficial as a significant part of the role will be organising resources and ensuring work is delivered in order to complete the Change Requests raised.
The type of person who would be the best fit for this role would be one that is highly organised, can maintain calm under significant pressure, possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to achieve aims through persuasion.
The chosen candidate must also be prepared to go through Security Clearance vetting.
Main duties and responsibilities of Change Manager
To deliver the overall management, execution an d completion for a variety of Change Requests for internal and external customers to time, quality and budget.
· Working with key stakeholders to manage Changes that are raised for clients from across the business
· Planning the work to deliver the changes and working with the Solutions Delivery Team to balance resource pressures and ensure timely delivery
· Assessing Change Requests to ensure that they are Changes and not Issues and understanding the risk and impact that they will have on the service
· Working with the Sales team to provide time estimates that will be used to generate quotes for the work needed to deliver the change
Skills and experience of Change Manager
· Degree in computer science or related subject, or suitable level of previous experience in a similar role
· 1-3 years’ experience in a Change Management role
· Previous experience of Project Management would be beneficial
· Must be able to pass SC Clearance to work with contracts involving sensitive information
· Ability to challenge constructively and justify decision-making.
· Ability to engage, influence and enforce adherence to the change management process.
· Communicate exceptionally (verbal and written); with ability to present complex change related information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Exemplary attention to detail and focus on quality.
· Absorb and understand complex technical changes.
· Ability to engage and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders across the busines s .
· Confidently present to a diverse range of stakeholders.
· Resilience and able to handle changing priorities.
· Effectively manage workload and work to meet deadlines
· Analyse change data to produce ‘value add’ management information
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel etc.
· Carry out any additional jobs in-line with business needs
Health and safety
Health and safety procedures must always be followed in order to control risks to self and others.
To all Business Management Systems, including but not limited to:
· ISO 9001 Quality Management System
· ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
· ISO 27001 Security Management System
This job description describes the principle and main elements of the job as it currently exists. It is not a permanent schedule and does not form part of any employee’s contract of employment. Employees may be required to take on additional tasks that fall in line with the duties of their role depending on the needs of new clients, expansion of services for existing clients or changes to operational requirements within Connect Assist.
Where any changes to this job description fundamentally change the responsibilities of this role, they will be made in consultation with the relevant individual or group of individuals…… click apply for full job details