We have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Lecturer – Painting & Decorative Effects to join the team at our Chichester/Brinsbury Campus. You will be working with existing apprentices which will require both college-based work 1 day per week and onsite assessments. You will join us on variable hours fixed term contract from September 2020 until June 2021, the working pattern for this role will be discussed at interview, in return for a competitive hourly rate of 17.83 – 31.31 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Associate Lecturer – Painting & Decorative Effects, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Associate Lecturer – Painting & Decorative Effects:
– Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
– Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
– Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each.
– Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
– Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
– Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
Our ideal Associate Lecturer – Painting & Decorative Effects should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 (or equivalent) in Painting and Decorative Effects
– Any other relevant vocational qualifications
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– Assessor or Verifier units
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
– Relevant industrial/commercial/subject experience
– Experience of working with Apprentices
– Working knowledge of modern and traditional repair techniques to building structures
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
If you would like to learn more about our Associate Lecturer – Painting & Decorative Effects role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 18th June 2020
Interview date: TBC
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.