We have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in Law to undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, based at our Chichester Campus. You will join us on part time basis, with variable hours, in return for a competitive salary of 17.83 – 31.31 per hour plus benefits.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Associate Lecturer in Law, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Associate Lecturer in Law:
– Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken
– Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
– Take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates
– Develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
– Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
– Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
– Participate in marketing activities and promote the College
– Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy
– Prepare examination packs for issue to Invigilators on a daily basis
– Liaise with Invigilators to impart instructions prior to the commencement of the examinations
Our ideal Associate Lecturer in Law should have the below skills and experience:
– Degree in Law or equivalent
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education
– Relevant commercial experience in a legal environment
– Teaching and assessing CILEx learners
– Curriculum delivery and associated administration
– Experience teaching Criminal Law
– Working knowledge of CILEx syllabus
– Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Powerpoint
– An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
– Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
– Ability to manage challenging behaviour
– Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
– Ability to solve problems and make decisions
– Commitment to undertake continuing professional development
– Evening and weekend work as required
– Obtain ATLS or QTLS as required
If you would like to learn more about our Associate Lecturer in Law role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 9th July 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 23rd July 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.