negotiable / Month
We are recruiting for an Assessor Trainer in Clinical Health to join our outstanding and expanding friendly team based at our Chichester campus. We are looking for an individual with a desire to make a difference in this important sector. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will work 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and in return you will receive a competitive salary of 21,087 – 23,045 per annum, plus a 7,000 Market Supplement per annum plus benefits. We can be flexible with the hours of work and will consider requests for job share.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Assessor Trainer in Clinical Health, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised local gym membership
– Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Assessor Trainer in Clinical Health:
– Support the learners development of vocational competence and the wider skills that relate to employability
– Train and/or assess learners within the relevant vocational area to awarding organisation standards in a timely manner
– Apply relevant initial and diagnostic assessment to individualised training plans
– Agree a training programme of development and assessment in partnership with the employer, setting realistic but challenging goals
– Actively listen, provide feedback and engage learners in planning their individualised training programme
– Assess learners competence in relation to work-related/industry standards
– Provide work based practice of the assessment instruments in the EPA where required
– Complete relevant documentation in an accurate and organised manner, ensuring candidates are monitored and assessed against awarding body standards
– Meet regularly with relevant curriculum and pastoral staff to ensure candidate progress is updated
– Attend regular standardisation/team meetings, as required
Our ideal Assessor Trainer in Clinical Health should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 2 in literacy and numeracy
– Level 3 (or above for higher and degree apprenticeships) subject sector relevant qualification
– Level 3 Assessor award (TAQA or equivalent)
– Level 3 Award in Education & Training
– A PGCE, or equivalent teaching qualification is desirable
– Ideally have experience of working with a diverse range of learners
– Be able to deliver a high quality learning experience to students on Clinical Healthcare courses
– Have up to date knowledge of the Healthcare sector and experience of working within this sector
– Have a relevant level 3 (or above) Clinical Health, or similar, qualification and an Assessor’s award along with recent vocational experience
– Experience of using a range of assessment techniques to prepare learners for timely end-point assessment
If you would like to learn more about our Assessor Trainer in Clinical Health role then please click Apply today!
Closing date: Thursday 19th March 2020
Interview date: Friday 3rd April 2020
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.