An Excellent opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to join an extremely successful and ambitious business which has recently won a long-term framework with Cambridge Council to deliver a huge catalogue of mixed use residential led schemes in Cambridge. The first project contains 223 units split between RC frame apartment blocks and high-end traditional build housing; and will be the flagship development for the region. Because of this, the new region is having their headquarters close to the site, and the successful Technical Coordinator will be working with a team that includes a Project Manager, Senior Site Manager and site team, along with a Technical Manager, a commercial team, and the Regional Director.
The successful Technical Coordinator will be required to take the lead on all design matters for this project but may be provided with an assistant during the course of the project which they will then be expected to manage on a daily basis.
Duties will include:
* Preparing project specific consultant’s appointment documents including the scope of works, schedule of services and fee draw down.
* Develop and agree Design Programmes both internally and with consultant team
* Monitor and regularly report current position against the agreed design programme.
* Deliver trade design packages on time and accurately.
* Actively manage the Design Team to ensure coordination of design and cooperation between disciplines
* Ensure that the design team are working in accordance with the tender control document assumptions
* Maximise profit by keeping all costs under control and exploring value engineering
* Control the design development and implement policies and objectives effectively working alongside the Technical Manager
* Review and comment on the design information and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately.
* Actively review drawing information during design development.
* Ensure transition from the Pre-Planning Design Team into the detailed Design development.
* Actively take part in regular design team and site meetings to progress site delivery.
* Ensure Compliance with requirements of Planning, Building Control and Warranty Provider and any other relevant parties
The ideal candidate will be a Technical Coordinator with a background in working on new build residential schemes; ideally with experience in both traditional build and RC frame developments; who is a good communicator, used to working closely with the site team, office teams and external consultants.
The ideal candidate would also be degree qualified either in Construction Management, Architectural Technology or similar, whilst being a self-motivate person who can demonstrate athe ability to coordinate and lead the design process unaided.
The company in question are an established developer that focus on building quality houses and apartments through the South East of England, and who have seen huge growth over the past 3 years in particular; building for themselves along with successfully delivering projects as principal contractor winning repeat business continuously.
* £450M Turnover Business completing 1,500 units a year
* Excellent financial position & project pipeline
* Great reputation in the industry
* Excellent opportunities for progression
* Track record of promoting from within
What’s on Offer
* Salary up to £55,000
* £5,500 Car Allowance or Top Spec Company Car
* 20% Bonus
* Excellent Pension, Package & Benefits
* Lots of opportunities to progress to Technical Manager and beyond
If you are interested in this Technical Coordinator opportunity, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV and a member of team will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further