Our client is a leading technology provider who are internationally renowned for their quality and service. They are now looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team in Ilminster. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, your role will be to investigate, analyse and resolve any issues with supplier quality through conducting audits and analysing root cause actions. To be successful for this role, you will need to have a strong background in a manufacturing or supplier related quality position.
* Work positively to create strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
* Adhere to company policies, health and safety standards and relevant legislation
* Display and promote the company’s core values
* Head up and coordinate problem solving and route cause analysis
* Resolve supplier technical issues promptly to prevent delays to supply
* Work with the supply chain to provide supplier performance reviews
* Conduct risk management reviews and agree actions based on any presented risks
* Promote any potential improvements in cost and support in cost reduction projects
* Provide input in the design and development phase
* 5+ years within a manufacturing or supplier related quality role
* Extensive experience leading supplier quality audits (ISO9001 and AS9100)
* Experience implementing improvements with techniques such as 8D, LEAN, 5 Why’s etc.
* Proven experience handling supplier issues from initiation to closure
* Up to date knowledge of current standards and accreditations
* COST of Quality understanding
* Understanding of a variety of geographical supplier organisations, particularly Asian
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills
* Quality and accuracy with excellent drive and determination
The role will pay a competitive salary and would be a great opportunity to join a market leader with a fantastic reputation on the international market. Send in your CV to find out more.