negotiable / Month
Salary:30000 – 35000 per annum + Benefits
Software Tester, Test Analyst, QA Tester
My client is a global software provider with offices throughout the world. They are at the forefront of technology and are looking to add to their QA testing team.
The QA Engineer is accountable for ensuring that software released from development is of a high quality and is fit for purpose.
This means that the software must meet the business requirements defined both in terms of functional and non-functional requirements, as well as being fully tested for software faults.
This is an ideal opportunity for an eager individual, willing to learn and develop new skills in fast paced environment.
As an experienced QA Engineer / Software Tester you will already have experience in the following;
* Formal testing methods
* Creating test specifications
* Principles of load testing
* Results analysis and report writing
* Minimum three years of software quality assurance experience
* Experience developing scripts for test automation.
* Software engineering skills in C, Java and Delphi preferred.
* Understanding of software testing methodologies (white and black box)
* Strong configuration testing skills
* Strong interpersonal, written, communication and organizational skills are required to interact with customers and peers.
* Strong stills testing commercial software applications
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
* Experience creating test strategies/plans from functional specifications.
* Experience testing customer facing/UI features.
* Experience in System-level testing preferred.
* Experience of multiple platforms preferred.
* Flexibility and willingness to travel.
* Full driving license
* Well presented, articulate and confident with strong inter-personal skills.
* Sound time management and prioritisation.
* Ability to work as part of a team and able to accommodate different personalities and skills within that team.
Desirable skills for the QA Tester / Software Tester role include;
* A knowledge of business-to-business E-Commerce, both over the web and traditional EDI.
* Experience of relevant vertical markets, e.g. Retail.
* Knowledge of EDI.
* Supply Chain experience
* Minimum 3 years experience within a similar role though any candidate with the correct cultural fit would be considered.
* Educated to degree level
You will take on the responsibility as a QA engineer so will help mentor more junior members of the team.
This is an exciting opportunity which is due to expansion of the team where you will be joining a great working environment.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV today for immediate consideration. Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.