negotiable / Month
Salary:50000 – 55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Are you a strong man manager? Do you thrive of leading a team of developers and testers and making sure all the correct development processes are adhered to?
My client, a globally recognised software house is looking for a Software Development Team Leader who has a strong hold on man management and a good background in Java development.This is not a hands on Java development role and although a development background is needed it is the man management skills and experience of working within a customer facing environment that is key. You will be highly experienced in managing and motivating developers and ideally will have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment and would be keen to implement this in a new role. The key skills needed for this role are;
* 2-5 years experience of working within a Software Development Team Leader role
* A previous career as a software developer (ideally Java).
* Exceptionally strong man management and motivational skills
* A strong client facing background
* The ability to help implement new strategies and new ideas
Reporting to the Head of development youll be managing the development team & co-ordinating work for a multi-disciplinary team of Java developers, software tester(s), and analysts. Youll have the opportunity to work with business project managers to turn their requirements into technical specifications.
Technologies you will be working with;
* Web Services
* Knowledge of automated testing tools and environments
* Experience of working in Agile environments
* Knowledge of Grails useful
* Experience of working with Oracle databases and database design would be useful.
* Line management & mentoring of team
* Code checking
* Turning business requirements into technical specifications
* Co-ordinating, assigning & scheduling work
* Meeting deadlines
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Able to understand complex business requirements
* Able to work on several projects at same time
* Able to organise own work and that of others
* Excellent organisational skills
* Self-motivated, proactive and with a can-do attitude
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
Applicants from all ages and backgrounds will be considered. Ascent People is acting as an employment agency for this role