Position: Senior Field Service Engineer (Medical Systems)
Reporting into: Service Manager
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience
About the position:
An exciting career opportunity has arisen at our client who is a leading supplier of Medical Equipment to the NHS and Private sector.
We are looking for an Electronic Field Service Engineer specialising in medical equipment maintenance and repair of market leading medical devices.
The field service engineer will be responsible for the service, repair and commissioning of a wide range of the latest technological, highly advanced systems, located in Hospitals, Ambulance Stations and working in a variety of departments such as; Theatres, ITU, X-Ray, CT/MRI and all general hospital areas.
This position would suit a self–motivated, enthusiastic individual who has a willingness to learn and progress in the medical equipment industry. Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills are essential for this position as well as the ability to work within a team.
Due to the nature of the business, all engineers will receive Original Equipment Manufacturer’s training.
About the company:
Our client is a thriving business that provides exceptional service to their customers that operate within the healthcare sector. They strive to maintain the highest standards throughout, ensuring our customers receive outstanding medical equipment repair and maintenance.
• To carry out professional medical device servicing, fault finding, repair, commissioning and installations.
• The engineer must take pride in their work, maintain high standards of competency and adhere to the relevant medical standards.
• Complete all service paperwork and documentation to the agreed standard.
• Responsible for maintaining the work area and test equipment in a safe, compliant and tidy condition.
• Ensure that company’s policies and guidelines are adhered to at all times.
• Full UK driving license.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity the following candidate attributes are essential:
• Ideally ECG machines, defibrillators, spirometers, blood pressure monitors, 24 Hr BP/ECG monitoring systems, scales and nebulizers
• Previously worked in a technical field service role or within the medical industry and is comfortable working in a medical environment.
• Personable and clear communication skills.
• Have a professional, flexible, self-motivated attitude.
• Have a “hands on” professional approach and a “can do” attitude.
Suitable candidates should apply immediately or by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Matthew Hayes on (phone number removed) or by sending your CV directly to him at
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (phone number removed) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
engineer, medical, nhs ,service, maintain, ecg, patient monitoring, electronics, electrics biomedical