My client, a leading engineering manufacturer based in Norwich are seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their team. The company offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package which includes a profit share scheme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
·Timely completion of tasks and projects: Tasks and project should be completed in the timeframe agreed with an engineering manager.
· Accuracy of documentation: Documentation should be free from errors and in accordance with appropriate standards.
· Complete tasks and goals set, on time, accurately and without crisis.
·Ensure all engineering designs fulfil their intent; are safe; fit for purpose; aligned with applicable industry standards and business strategies; and documented to the company standard.
·Design, redesign, layout and detail as necessary assemblies and components.
·Check drawings for form, fit, function, tolerance and conformance to sound design practice and business documentation standards. Undertaking joint responsibility for ensuring the quality of engineering documentation.
·Design and develop improvements to existing equipment and processes including the preparation of cost estimates and engineering change orders when required.
·Support the implementation of new or modified products, processes, and equipment in manufacturing; supports the training of the manufacturing and service teams.
·Create and contribute to the creation of new concepts and system designs including specification documents.
·Manage individual workload in line with the company priorities.
·Troubleshoot and fault find machine issues to identify component or design failures, proposing solutions when required.
·Evaluate designs for compliance to applicable standards and carry out or participate in machine risk assessments.
·Create, maintain and communicate project plans assisting to resolve slippages and conflicts.
·Liaise independently with other internal departments, external suppliers and customers to identify and resolve issues and potential improvements.
·Conduct and document design reviews with other internal departments, external suppliers and customers.
· Conduct prototype build, in-house and/or field tests for new or redesigned products, designing tests and drafting reports findings.
· Abide by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
·Ensure you read, understand and fulfil your responsibilities under the Company’s equal opportunities policy in place from time to time.
·Adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures in place from time to time including those relating to HR and health and safety
·Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your Line Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent combination of work and experience.
· Demonstrable experience working in a senior engineering role.
· Development and troubleshooting on industrial machinery.
· Exposure to the full system development lifecycle.
· Project management.
·Proficient with electrical CAD, drafting schematics and design documentation.
· Proficient with electrical circuit design for small scale automated industrial machines operating at voltages up to 1000V.
· Good understanding of motor control circuits including inverter drives for speed control.
· Excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills.
·Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills
· Translation of specifications into machine design.
· Able to interpret and apply applicable regulations and standards.
· Proficient with MS Office or similar applications, including spread sheets, word processing, email and presentations.
· Team player who is happy to work autonomously and enjoy considerable responsibility
· Unafraid of technical challenges
· Willing to take ownership of tasks and maintain focus seeing through to timely completion
· Able to travel with periodic evenings and overnight assignments, including domestic and international locations (approximately 15%).
· Able to work with technical and non-technical staff from other departments and companies to resolve issues and/or deliver solutions in a timely manner.
· Full driving licence.
· Knowledge and experience of product handling machines
· Knowledge and experience of label manufacturing and printing processes
· Experience with design of electrical safety control systems.
· Experience using SolidWorks including SolidWorks Electrical.
· Experience using 3D and 2D mechanical design packages.
· Understanding of UL regulations, specifically UL508A.
·Knowledge of CE marking and the machinery directive.
· Constant endeavour for innovation and excellence
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk