negotiable / Month
Salary Description:30000 – 38000 per annumSector:Consultancy JobsFunction:EngineeringLocation:ScotlandArea:GlasgowLocation Description:Glasgow
20th November 2018
Our client is a leading environmental consultancy with a strong and diverse pipeline of projects throughout the UK and Ireland. They have grown steadily with a network of offices across the UK.
They are now looking to appoint a Senior EIA Consultant to work with a dynamic and supportive team of environmental planners, ecologists, hydrologists and contaminated land professionals. You will have the opportunity to manage a variety of projects in the water, commercial, residential, renewables and infrastructure sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage and coordinate the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) chapters and Environmental Statements (ES) for a variety of proposals
* Provide support and guidance to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team
* Manage, coordinate and liaise with sub-consultants, architects, planners and developers
* Act as a day-to-day client liaison, ensuring the development and maintenance of new and existing business
* Assist in the preparation of tenders and with the development of new business for the team across a range of sectors
Qualifications / Experience:
* Degree educated or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Science)
* Full member of a recognised professional environmental institution (e.g. IEMA)
* Proven experience managing EIA’s within a consultancy or developer
* Demonstrable project management and team supervision skills
* Thorough understanding of UK EIA and Scottish planning legislation
* Excellent communicative and client facing abilities, with an aptitude for winning new business
Our client offers a diverse range of interesting project work, a competitive salary package and the opportunity to rapidly progress your career within a friendly and supportive working environment.