The successful candidate will join the Civil Infrastructure team in the Leeds Office. You will have the opportunity to develop and lead the design of a variety of urban infrastructure projects. You will be working with an enthusiastic team and collaborating with clients and multi-disciplinary design teams.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects across the following sectors: commercial, residential, public realm, transport and energy.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the engineering design development of infrastructure schemes in an urban environment. These projects will be developed from the concept design through to construction.
Design skills of benefit would include excellent knowledge and experience of applying relevant drainage design codes; ability in and demonstrable experience in the application of 3D design software packages (Microdrainage, Flow, INROADS, Microstation, AutoCAD, Navisworks etc). Wider knowledge of the UK planning system and highway design would be beneficial.
Design experience of traditional drainage, sustainable urban drainage systems, and liaison with statutory undertakers would be expected.
• Carrying out civil engineering design and feasibility studies including drainage design, utilities design and highways design.
• Responsible for own work (designs, drawings, calculations, etc) and that of design teams. Would be required to self-check own work and check work of others to satisfy QA requirements.
• Would be responsible for issuing work (design packages, specifications, drawing production, basic calculations, etc) to Graduate engineers and technicians and monitoring performance.
• Ability in the management of design teams is essential.
• Checking the quality and accuracy of own and others’ work.
• Representing the company externally at client and design team meetings
• Working with colleagues, and our collaborators and clients
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Technical knowledge in drainage design, utilities design and highways design.
• Be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the design team.
• Manage own and others time, ensuring the production of project and design deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
• You will have an appropriate HND, university degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering.
• Near Chartered or be a Chartered member of the ICE or similar.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Strong working knowledge of the UK construction industry
• Experience of developing projects from inception through to completion.
• Competent in the use of CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation/AutoCAD) software for drawing and/or designing
• Experience in use in various design software packages (e.g. MicroDrainage or Flow, etc.) is essential
• Experience in the use of 3D software packages such as Inroads SS4 or Civils 3D.
Reward and Benefits:
Our client offers a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per year.
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for jobs very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current job for now, we always welcome calls from Civil Engineering professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 70+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Simon at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us. CWHTT