Our Client currently has an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing infrastructure team in Leeds.
You will be expected to have significant relevant experience in a consultancy environment, and a sound knowledge of flood risk, drainage design and hydraulic modelling, particularly with regards to residential developments.
Good communication skills are required to achieve the successful delivery of projects in a team environment and they will encourage personal professional development with the successful candidate being either chartered or working towards chartered status with the ICE.
Role responsibilities include:
* Successful contribution to and delivery of projects in a team environment, including:
* Technical delivery of a project
* Production of deliverables to programme timescales
* Monitoring of costs
* Assisting with invoicing and any change management
* Personal accountability and ownership of projects
* Technical input to bids and proposals for provision of professional services
* Supervision, knowledge sharing and mentoring of less experienced members of the team
* Effective interpretation and application of relevant client, industry and company standards
QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
They are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes:
* Honours degree in relevant discipline required
* Chartered, or working towards chartered status
* Experience of Flood Risk Assessment, drainage design, public sewer design (S104 Agreements)
* Experience of external works design and earthworks analysis would be advantageous
* Experience of Public Highway design (S38 Agreements) and Highway Improvement design (S278 Agreements) would be advantageous
* AutoCAD Civil 3D and Micro Drainage software experience preferred
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good client focus and relationship management skills
* Innovative thinker and problem solving ability
* Good collaboration and team working skills
* People development and mentoring skills
* Professional and self motivated approach
A competitive salary and benefits package, together with a global network of professional expertise.
They enjoy working in a professional and supportive environment of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity, where everyone has the opportunity to develop their career and make a valued contribution