Senior Account Manager (PR / Social Media)
Are you looking for a new challenge in a place that will enable you to put your extensive communications experience and commercial acumen to use?
At Whiteoaks International, the number one technology agency outside of London, we provide a complete range of PR, digital and content services to UK and international leading technology clients in the retail, fintech, enterprise IT and cyber security industries, to name just a few. Having recently celebrated our 25th anniversary in the industry, put simply, we guarantee better results from our clients’ tech PR investment.
Position: Senior Account Manager
Location: Hook, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
You’ll take the lead in driving the success of campaigns by regular client communication and motivational management of the other team members to deliver agreed tactics and the associated results.
Working closely with the Account Director, you’ll clearly understand your clients’ objectives and requirements, and translate quick but creative thinking into decisive action; providing team management, delegation of tasks and exceptional media relations skills. In addition, you’ll be for responsible for the success of entry level accounts, taking responsibility for managing, planning, execution and results within the team.
– Manage all communication with the client and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently
– Work closely with the client and Account Director to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional services
– Provides detailed reports on account performance to the Account Director or management team on request.
– Take lead in development of campaigns for small and medium clients and support Account / Associate Director in creation of campaigns for large clients and prospects
– Oversees all major media relations activity on behalf of the client, maintaining key media contacts for campaigns and projects
– Builds, maintains and develops productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
– Executes top tier media outreach and mentors AE on all aspects of the media role
– Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client
– Utilises networks to create and maximise client coverage, advising on long-form and short-term narratives
– Maintains and promotes a sound understanding of current affairs relevant to the industry and the wider news agenda
– Deploys rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
– PR experience in an account management role
– Highly motivated and fiercely organised
– Able to manage a varied workload to tight deadlines
– Superb written and oral communication skills – able to work with a broad cross section of both internal and external contacts
– Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications
You may have experience of the following: Senior Account Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Internal Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Executive, Project Coordinator, Project Manager, Project Management, PR Manager, Social Media, Public Relations, Social Media Manager etc