Timeplan Education are excited to be recruiting Teaching Assistants for our highly regarded Exploring SEND workshop. If you have child or adult based work experience and looking to move into a school-based role or a graduate considering a future in teaching but unsure of what type of setting you wish to work in, then our Workshop will give you an insight in to working within an SEND setting.
Our SEND specialist will deliver an Introduction to working with children and adults with special needs. If our exploring SEND workshop interests you, then you will be required to attend a 1-day workshop, the session will last up to 5-hours and will cover different areas of SEND such as working with pupils with PMLD, Autism and Down Syndrome. This workshop will also investigate different methods of communication and how best to utilise this in the classroom. Once the 1-day workshop is completed, we will then help you find a voluntary position for 3 days within one of our partnered SEND provisions based in Wandsworth.
The 1-day Exploring SEN workshop will be FREE of charge and your voluntary placement is unpaid.
Once you have completed the SEND workshop and voluntary placement, we will support you in securing you a paid role within a SEND provision based in Wandsworth. Throughout this process you will be supported by your own dedicated consultant, that will be focused on finding you a placement based on your skills and previous experience.
If you are looking to pursue a career in the SEND Education sector and have a passion for supporting children or adults with Special needs, then this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable experience and knowledge in an SEND setting. This workshop and voluntary placement will give you the necessary knowledge and platform to build a career working in SEND education.
To be considered for our SEND Workshop you must hold:
* Contact details for your most recent employer for reference purposes
* A passion to work with pupils and Special Educational Needs
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and pupils
* A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
* Minimum of 2 days per week availability
In return, when working with Timeplan Education you will benefit from:
* FREE enrolment on to our Exploring SEND Workshop
* Dedicated consultant committed to finding the right role and setting for you, who will support you during your assignments
* Competitive rates of pay, depending on experience
* A fast clearance process, most of which can be accessed online
If you are looking to make a difference and have a passion for working with SEND pupils, we want to hear from you