Relationship Manager – Corporates
As a Barclays Relationship Manager Corporates (RM), you will deliver exceptional sales and business performance whilst maintaining sound risk management and highly proactive, long-term, internal and external business relationships. You will grow and develop relationships with International Corporate clients typically generating sustained revenue by becoming a trusted advisor. You will be working with colleagues worldwide to deliver banking, investment and other services thus ensuring a holistic service for their clients. You will work toward achievement of revenue/asset growth for the business in line with individual targets and partner with technical experts and product specialists as needed.
Our Overseas Services business provides banking, credit, cash management and investment expertise to our clients through a value adding relationship-led service, product specialists and digital channels. Operating from London, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Glasgow and Dubai we directly serve eight client segments of Fiduciaries, Family Offices, Captives, Funds Administrators, Corporates, Premier Global, Local Business and Local Premier & Retail, together with supporting the booking of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients onto our Jersey and Isle of Man platforms.
As a Relationship Manager Corporates, your main responsibilities will involve:
Acquiring, developing and servicing client relationships according to their investment and core banking need, managing their client group within their risk profile and appropriate regulatory framework
Identifying and providing solutions to a wide range of client plans and reacting to and developing new opportunities from client contacts
Ensuring appropriate provision of products and services both directly and via product specialists and maintain regular, proactive contact and rapid reaction to client approaches
Retaining existing revenue streams, and generating new opportunities ensuring delivery against agreed business plans
Identifying and providing solutions to a wide range of Corporate client needs including banking, investments, credit, foreign exchange and wealth structuring introducing specialists as appropriate
Keeping accurate client data on Customer Relationship Management tool, MISales and using effective questioning and listening techniques to confidentially identify and offer solutions
As a Relationship Manager Corporates, your skills and qualifications will include:
Previous financial services experience and an understanding of the need to operate within high risk and regulatory standards particularly in their target markets
Previous experience in delivering high quality client portfolio management, with the ability to identity and manage a range of client solutions
Proficient in technical competencies such as profit orientation and business awareness with a client focus
Ability to be relationship-orientated in a culturally diverse Fiduciary market with the ability to exert commercial negotiation and influencing skills
Strong knowledge of global economic and political conditions, current affairs and competitor activity and the implication of these on our clients
Degree educated (or equivalent) and have a first class general academic track record and ideally with financial qualifications
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That%27s why at Barclays you%27ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we%27ll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. Youll also be required to upload a CV, so it%27s a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We%27ll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they%27ll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we%27ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we%27ll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we%27ll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.