negotiable / Month
Randstad Engineering are looking for a Quality Inspector to work for a leading OEM based in the West Midlands.
The Quality Inspector will conduct 100% final quality inspection and associated activities on vehicles upon completion of all manufacturing processes to ensure Cars sold meet or exceed standards. Inspection will include all vehicle attributes, fit, finish, function and paint, including repair confirmation.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Conduct 100% inspection in line with the company Quality Procedures;
* Cosmetic and Functional buy-off to quality standards
* Confirmation of vehicle build to customer option and territory specific requirements
* Ensure all manufacturing processes completed and signed off
* Basic key static functional aspects for primary driver functions
* Conduct all associated processes with regard to final vehicle buy-off and pass-to-sales
* Inspect all issues found from CAL & paint to ensure rectification activities have resolved original concern and not created new defects
* Perform Cirrus final buy-off to confirm electrical configuration and SW downloads
* Operate Goldcrest Pass-to-Sales
* Divert vehicles back to manufacturing if they fail to achieve quality standards
* Control vehicle movement and management within inspection areas
* Liaise with third party logistics carrier for handover of finished vehicles from Gaydon
* Support the rest of the Quality inspection team as required to ensure quality standards are maintained at all times in a flexible manner to support production volumes
Qualification & Experience:
* Ideally the applicant will have experience in the motor vehicle industry.
* During this time the applicant should have gained experience of conducting vehicle audits.
* Clean and current driving license will be required.
* Knowledge of build standards and quality requirements – Paint / Panel Fit and Interior/Exterior Trim.
* Knowledge and experience of vehicle repair and re-work an advantage.
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business