Project Engineer – Water Industry
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer for a fantastic team with over 30 years of experience and a reputation for engineering excellence, businesses and public organisations all over the world rely on their projects. The company are a truly great employer, who are involved in very exciting projects all over the UK. No two days will be the same! You will be working largely with site managers and project managers.
Project Engineer – Water Industry Key Responsibilities
Management of Contracts posts order within the Wastewater Division including:
– Plan and schedule the work content through its various stages of Design Engineering, Manufacture, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Take-over.
– Control and monitor the financial budget of the “as sold” estimate to maintain or improve the profit margin. Forecast regularly (at least monthly) the out turn of the scope of work with regard to time for completion and the sales/cost of sales for each contract.
– Take corrective action where it is required to maintain time for completion and recover over expenditure.
– Retain the position as the person interfacing directly with the client and the Company on all matters which will influence the contractual obligation the Company has with the client.
– Prepare requisitions and issue purchase orders for the full scope of works within the financial authority levels of the QA Procedures.
– Agree variations/claims/extensions of time with the client as the contract progresses in line with the contract conditions and approved levels.
– Raise invoices/applications for payment to be paid by the client.
– Agree the final account for each contract and secure the issue of all the certification necessary under the contract.
– Prepare or have prepared all documentation and O & M Manuals called for under the scope of works.
– Work closely with the Installation and Commissioning personnel to ensure that this phase of the work is adequately resourced to meet the programme of work.
– Be pro-active in ensuring the Company’s engineering function is fully conversant with the specifications that are applicable to the contract, clarify where any doubt exists.
– Ensure the timely arrangement for all commercial facets of the contract to be in place e.g. insurances/bonds/guarantees/ shipping documents etc.
– Prepare and negotiate and issue sub-contracts for key elements of the contract e.g. Steel work, electrical control systems, hydraulics etc.
Project Engineer – Water Industry Competence and Skills
Ideally a Graduate within an Engineering discipline and relevant experience in the water and wastewater related sector. Ability to Project Manage a number of short term contracts from receipt of order to completion, including products from the Wastewater portfolio.
Experience in computerised planning, scheduling and costing of projects is required to demonstrate control of the contracts to meet required deadlines. Good communication skills and interpersonal contact are essential
Salary £35000 – £42000