Hoover Candy is a market leading FMCG/Consumer business based in the North West. With market leading brands across a wide number of consumer electrical product areas, the business develops, manufactures and distributes across multiple areas of the market. With massive consumer presence globally and household name brands we offer a great opportunity to grow and develop your career while working on an impressive portfolio of innovative products.
We are now looking to grow our team and are seeking to appoint a Product Manager to support our growth in the Laundry and Cooling categories.
The role is a full time permanent position based in brand new, state of the art offices in Warrington. With good development and remuneration packages on offer this is a great opportunity to be able to develop your career in a fast paced and innovative business.
Reporting into the Built in Business Director, the role holder will be required to:
• Manage and execute all aspects of product management including competitor analysis, product life cycle management, product cost control, new product development and product set up
• Be the expert of the product categories and the key internal "go to" authority within their nominated category
• Closely monitor competitor ranges, strategy, pricing architecture and strengths and weaknesses
• To monitor and report on the performance of the portfolio against key business metrics; volume, value, GM etc for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets. Analyse retailer sales data (EPOS) and market data (Amdea & GfK) and contribute to the weekly and monthly business reporting
• Maintain/improve the profitability of the identified portfolio through the execution of product related projects, as identified in the operating plan.
• Utilise the new product process consistently to demonstrate perfect execution of all actions required to manage and develop the product portfolio
• Partner with Trade Marketing Managers, Supply Chain and Account Management Teams, support product launches and the growth of the category
• Deliver product training both internally and externally
• Help drive sales and profitability through the provision of support to sales teams by presenting product related strategies and plans to key accounts as required, ensuring best practise is shared
• Take responsibility for managing and developing an Assistant Product Manager
• Perform other duties as assigned, as necessary to support the business
• A degree or equivalent qualification would be advantageous
• Demonstrable progressive experience in marketing or product management, preferably within an electricals or consumer product environment
• Knowledge of retail accounts, brand management or white goods/consumer electricals is desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to present in front of groups with strong influencing skills
• Team-oriented, strong organisational skills and adaptable
• Highly collaborative, yet able to function independently
• Strong sense of accountability, ownership and spirit to personally "move things forward"; able to maintain composure and a positive attitude in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking and analytic ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Willing to travel as a degree of national and European travel will be required as part of the role
• Competitive basic salary
• Individual and Company bonus schemes
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Pension after 3 months
• Discounts on Hoover products plus plenty of other staff-only offers
• Free car parking
If you feel that you have the energy, enthusiasm and determination to succeed in this role then please apply online using the link at the bottom of the page. Alternatively you can download an application form from the Hoover UK Careers page and send it to Hoover, Human Resources, Breightmet Industrial Estate, Bury Road, Bolton, BL2 6PU