Principal Subcontract Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Procurement and Subcontracts team on a multi-million pound, government programme.
Working under the general direction of the Subcontract Manager the successful candidate will be required to manage routine and non-routine subcontracts of moderate value and complexity through the life cycle of those contracts. This will include input into the bid process, (which may include managing a competitive subcontract pricing process), managing contract acceptance and contract change during delivery of the contract and the administration of contract closure. The role will require significant interaction with Defence & Aerospace OEM's to establish effective working relationships that drive value into the programme for both the Customer(s) and for our respective businesses.
Some interaction with our UK MOD Customer(s) may be required.
The role requires the candidate to work closely with the project management and finance teams and to have a good appreciation of the functional responsibilities of those teams.
The candidate must have current or (recently lapsed) SC clearance.
* Development of standard and innovative subcontracts in response to Invitations to Quote (ITQ).
* Negotiation of non-standard contract agreements and the processing of contract change notifications.
* Identification and management of programme risks and opportunities, working collaboratively with customer base and the project management and finance teams.
* Effective management of contract data and information to demonstrate compliance to Raytheon policy and contractual obligations.
* To support the Head of Supplier Management & Subcontracts Manager in developing functional plans at programme level and producing business cases for review at senior management level.
* To support the Head of Supplier Management & Subcontracts Manager in strategic partner relationship management initiatives.
* To act, as required by the Subcontract Manager, as the functional representative at customer business reviews and internal management reviews.
* To participate in cross-functional process improvement activity.
* To administrate complex supplier due diligence activity.
Required Skills and experience
The candidate must have;
* A minimum of two years experience working in a busy Procurement and / or Subcontracts, function ideally on UK Government contracts.
* A good understanding of the application of (UK) Contract Law.
* Have experience drafting and negotiating subcontract > £1m.
* Experience working with major defence and or Aerospace OEMs and have led supplier reviews
* Experience of managing Request For Proposals (RFP’s), identifying and challenging cost models, risk profiles and through negotiation driving value for money from those proposals.
* A good understanding of the Aerospace industry, civil or military.
* Experience in managing Tenders > £1m under EU regulations.
* Have experience of Project Management Toolsets including Estimate At Completion process and Earned Value Management.
* Have experience working within 6 Sigma process improvement team.
* Degree in a business management or related subject and / or MCIPS or other similar professional qualification