Principal Estimator – based Oxford / Birmingham / Liverpool
Our team of 20,000 employees are creating better places to live, work and travel. We call this our 'Better Places' goal.
We’re the faces behind the services people rely on every day, at home and on the move.
We supply important utilities like water, gas and electricity to homes. We’re making journeys better by maintaining roads, railways and airports. We’re keeping facilities running smoothly, and improving social housing and schools. We’re keeping environments clean by improving sustainable waste management. And we’re supporting the country’s defense and justice services. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Our pre-contract commercial and estimating team provide pre-contract commercial and estimating support to bidding opportunities across all of Amey’s Business Units. We have a team of talented professionals with multi-sector experience who have supported Amey on some of their biggest projects.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Principle Estimator, to predominantly support our Utilities Business Division. You will be responsible for:
* Lead Tender review processes
* Producing high quality estimates and tender submissions that satisfy the business strategy
* Ensuring that profitable bids are secured with a balanced Risk and cost profile
* Lead the estimating process on individual Bids
* Support and mentor junior members of the estimating team
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification in an engineering, technical or commercial discipline
* Eexperience producing multi-disciplined, high value and high quality tender submissions.
* Knowledge of proprietary estimating systems is a distinct advantage though training in Candy (our estimating software) will be provided
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary, along with the option to join our pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer