negotiable / Month
Aerospace & Defence Sector
Salary: 55 – 55 per hour
Location: Portsmouth, England
Date Posted: Added 4 days ago
Key skills for this job
Naval Architecture contract work available in the defence sector
Would you like to join a global defence company involved in cutting edge projects in the marine sector? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Principal Naval Architect to join their growing team in Portsmouth on a 12 month contract.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Naval Architect you’ll be responsible for:
* Hull form design, optimisation and hydrodynamic performance
* Concept design, Detail Design
* Resistance and propulsion assessments
In addition, you’ll also be involved in technical support to shiplift and transfer system operations.
To succeed within the role of Naval Architect], you’ll have experience in a similar position, and you’ll ideally have the following skills:
* Knowledge of submarine or surface ship design standards and processes
* Stability analysis using packages such as Paramarine, Aveva or Foran
* More than 5 years experience in a similar role
In addition, any experience of Hydrodynamic analysis or CFD will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
**Due to the nature of this work we can only accept applications from UK nationals***
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Naval Architect please send your CV to Chris Hill via the ‘apply now’ button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn