Are you a St Albans based Room Leader looking for the next step in your career?
* Do you want a role that will propel you to a senior nursery management position?
* Do you want to work in a ‘good’ nursery in St Albans?
* Do you have experience managing EYFS nurses and apprentices?
A Good Nursery in St Albans is looking for a Nursery Room Manager to join them in their purpose built nursery in January. The role is suitable to those with a Level 4 qualification or above or Level 3 qualifications with appropriate experience in a similar setting.
You must have experience of working in the EYFS and be comfortable in managing a team of assistants and nurses. You must be UK qualified and have a sound understanding of the EYFS.
This is a purpose built, single-storey nursery with a well-designed layout. There are 61 children on a daily basis, ranging from 3 months to five years. There are 3 large base rooms: 3 months-24 months, 2-3’s and 3-5’s. The nursery has a good sized garden which includes 3 separate areas.
The Nursery will provide you with:
* Competitive rates of pay.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Professional development opportunities.
* Ample on site parking.
* Generous holiday scheme that increases with service and seniority + bank holidays.
* Recommend a friend scheme.
* Take overall responsibility for your room, including the quality of the care and education that it provides.
* Lead, supervise and support the staff members working in your room, ensuring that they carry out their day to day duties to a consistently high standard.
* Ensure that appropriate learning opportunities are planned for the children in your room and that planning documentation is of a consistently high standard.
* Take part in staff development activities such as appraisals and reviews, including helping the Nursery Manager to identify individual training needs.
* Undertake regular training and professional development.
You will need:
* A full and relevant Early Years qualification – Level or above and previous experience as a Senior Room Manager.
* An excellent working knowledge of the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework.
* A comprehensive understanding of health and safety regulations.
* To be fully trained in safeguarding and paediatric first aid.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company who believe in recruiting form within and provide an award winning training programme. Apply now or speak to Craig to find out more about this role.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. We are working on behalf of schools and any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.
Randstad education has been working with Primary, Secondary and SEND schools and units for the past 22 years in this area. If this vacancy is not for you, please do not hesitate to contact the office to discuss further opportunities with Craig White our Early Years Consultant