negotiable / Month
JOB: NPI Production Engineer
Salary: Circa £42,000
Our client is a global manufacturer of components supplied to the worlds OEM’s and has a requirement for an NPI Engineer to join its team. You will be responsible for driving investigations of existing and new manufacturing processes in order to reduce variation in manufacturing processes to improve product consistency and conversion cost followed by Handover from Engineering to ME and ME to production.
NPI Engineer key responsibilities:
• Define process parameters for all manufacturing process.
• Define and run DoE’s.
• Lead process variation reduction projects
• Support standard manufacturing frame for all processes.
• Lead handover procedures Launch to Production.
• Provide Six Sigma support to the plant.
• Collaborates closely with Product, Core Process, Application Engineering and Quality.
NPI Engineer the person:
Coming from a similar volume manufacturing environment you will have a suitable level of education in method / process, chemical or mechanical Engineering coupled with excellent communication skills and:
• At least 5 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering and or Product Engineering roles
• Experience and background in volume JIT manufacture, ideally automotive.
• Strong background introducing new programs.
• Experience in working in a matrix environment, as well as managing multiple priorities and provide appropriate communication skills.
• Success in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively in a highly technical, team oriented environment.
• High practical knowledge in using Six Sigma and Lean tools
Salary: Circa £42,000 plus benefits