We are seeking experienced Design Engineers to join a busy design consultancy in Southampton. Our client has a wealth of knowledge and experience providing marine and shipping design services. They are looking for a Design Engineer to join their Design department and work with their expert team.
* Gets into a problem and if they don’t know, will ask the question. Find an answer and come up with solution. Natural interest. Self-motivated and time management
* 2D and 3D mechanical design experience
* Stat regulations Flag / Class rules
* Knowledge and understanding of ship system design
* On board ship engineer or someone who has worked on a mechanical drawing office
* Creation of P&ID’s
* Have advanced skills using 2D/3D CAD and creating drawings using AutoCAD software.
* Ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
* Able to process technical problems and seek the correct solution.
* Knowledge of statutory regulations and classifications.
* Have an understanding of ship systems design and its impact upon integration.
* Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design as applied to structural arrangements.
* Excellent communication skills, being able to liaise with colleagues across all disciplines.
* Good commercial awareness, ensuring work is carried out to the agreed standard.
* Good MS Office skills, to develop reports and spreadsheets.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on (phone number removed) or email her on Ashley.clarke @ (url removed) and quote 14357, or apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below