A leading manufacturing business based in Leeds / Bradford are seeking to recruit a Materials Planning Manager to work closely with the whole organisations key leadership and operations team.
The key responsibilities of the Materials Planning Manager in Leeds / Bradford:
• Continually strive to improve the function, taking full advantage of all appropriate models and systems.
• Manage materials and planning function to high level of performance through actively coaching and mentoring.
• Work cohesively to clear goals and objectives.
• Development of the material and planning strategy, analysis and implementation plan.
• Proactively managing and developing a supply chain. Analyse current and renegotiate contracts to the benefit of the organisation.
• Monitor annual productivity improvements.
• Ensure that the budget is forecast, managed and on target, driving the team to achieve their goals.
• Deliver complete sales and operations planning review incorporating detailed ‘end to end’ supply chain management analysis.
• Ensuring constructive engagement with stakeholders, using both initiative and influence.
Materials Planning Manager – Qualifications/Experience:
• Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent with CIPS or logistics professional qualifications.
• Experience in the manufacturing sector within Materials, Planning, Logistics and Distribution roles with supply chain responsibilities within a best practice organisation.
• Experience with MRP systems, knowledge of Infoflow would be desirable. Comprehensive knowledge of MRP, Lean tools, Kaizen and KANBAN lean manufacturing process’, delivered in low to medium volume environments, line supply and batch.
• Extensive experience of supply chain and logistics, demand analysis, forward planning, forecasting techniques and inventory management.
A problem solver and planner, you will be customer focused and responsive, with strong oral and written communications skills, both internally and externally, also exceptional presentation skills.
£35-40k, plus benefits
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Carl Walker at Elevation Recruitment Group on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
Elevation Recruitment Group’s Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Procurement and Supply Chain positions, visit (url removed)