Machinist (Day shift)
Salary £20,040 (£19,000 plus £20 per week allowance)
Adecco Cheltenham are delighted to be recruiting for a Machinist to join our globally renowned Cheltenham based client (who provide outstanding staff benefits) on a Permanent Basis. This vacancy is for the day shift (see hours below), and you will be responsible for machining products to customers’ requirements using metal fabricating machines such as lathes, drills, grinders etc. Our client is specifically looking for someone who can bring longevity to the role, rather than looking at it as a stepping stone.
In return our client will provide the successful applicant with full training and a long-standing career within their company. We are looking for an individual with previous experience using metal fabrication machines.
Our client is a global business with an excellent reputation for quality products and championing Health and Safety in their workplaces. In addition to this their staff benefits are first class – this really is a fantastic opportunity!
Duties will include:
* Operating Lathes, Drills and Cylindrical Grinding Machines.
* Assisting with final inspection of the product, including the use of high precision measuring equipment.
* Working to customer specifications using technical drawings, with the emphasis on quality.
* Working in a close-knit team.
* Using work order instructions and blue print specifications to interpret an engineering drawing, working to tight tolerances.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Previous experience operating metal fabrication machines such as Lathes, Drills and Grinders.
* Longevity: you will not have moved jobs frequently throughout your career.
* Ideally, a qualification gained or apprenticeship served within engineering.
* A strong understanding of Technical drawings and blue print specifications, and the ability to interpret these.
* Experience working towards high tolerances.
* A passion for Health and Safety is essential for working in my client’s high safety culture.
In return our client can provide you with:
* A salary of £19,000 plus £20 per week for the flexi working arrangement (totalling £20,040 annually).
* 37 hours of work working Monday-Thursday 7:00am-3:30pm and Friday 7am-12noon.
* Overtime may be available dependant on needs of the business rewarded with either Time Off In Lieu or overtime rates. Overtime rates are time and a third or time and a half dependant on day and hours worked.
* Training on the job: you’ll be given full product training.
* Annual Salary reviews and future opportunities for progression in your specialisation.
* A lovely working culture: relaxed, passionate about Health and Safety, full of long-serving members of staff.
* Annual leave entitlement which begins at 33 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays).
* £1,500 Company bonus scheme available to all employees (dependant on performance of the business).
* Immediately available Life Insurance, Stakeholder Pension Scheme/Share Schemes, Staff Discounts.
* Staff Discounts.
* 6 months probation period.
If you have previous Machining experience with good longevity please click apply or contact Trish Hughes at Adecco with any questions!
(Please note that over Christmas we will be working, but due to the busy time of year please note we may have delays in responding to any applications or calls).
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy